Welcome to High Country Fly Fishers. We are a conservation-oriented Trout Unlimited chapter located in beautiful Park City, Utah and covering all of Summit and Wasatch counties. Our activities include teaching fly fishing and fly tying, conservation projects in support of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, the Trout-in-the-Classroom program at local schools and lots of great fishing trips. We meet on the first Tuesday of the month and feature fishing guides, fly tyers and fisheries biologists from all over the Western states as speakers. Old friends and new members are always welcome, so drop by for good conversation, interesting programs and fish tales.
|Date:||Tuesday, August 2, 2022. Social Hour at 6 pm. Program starts at 7 pm.|
|Location:||Maxwell’s East Coast Eatery in Kimball Junction (map)|
|Program:||"Strawberry Management Plan 2022" by Alan Ward, DWR Fisheries Manager for Strawberry Reservoir.|
"Aquatic Invasive Species Threats to Utah Fisheries" by Dan Oler, DWR Aquatic Invasive Species Biologist for the Central Region.
"Fishing the Provo River and the Green River Below Fontenelle" by Ben Diamond and Curtis Lindley of Fish Heads Fly Shop in Heber City.
The HCFF Board creates the annual activity list and schedule in the November – December time frame each year. We develop that list of things we do mainly on what we did the year before and what we thought was reasonably well received.
However, unless we hear from you, we don’t know what is liked or disliked. Your input is requested!
Our activities consist of the following categories:
- Monthly Meetings.
- One-day fishing outings to a nearby location. These are organized by Pat Ronneburg.
- Multiday Fishouts in locations around Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. These are organized by different “Safari Leaders” and there are four remaining Fishouts on the calendar for 2022.
- Conservation projects organized by Jayne Guyse.
- Youth Programs organized by Bruce Pope.
- Community support programs. These are generally in response to a request for some support, but are seldom known early in the year. If the request supports our mission and we can find the resources (volunteers like you), we will try to support the request.
- Veterans’ Programs. We need an organizer for this activity since Rick Jensen moved away.
Anyway, if you have thoughts about what you would like to see (or not see) in any of the above categories, send me an email using the Contact Us form.